Regarding website users and other individuals who communicate with us online, over the phone or by attending our corporate events - the entity responsible for your information is Intersec (Registered Address: Tour W 102 terrasse Boieldieu 92085 La Défense FRANCE).
TYPE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
When you make use of our website or otherwise communicate with us, we collect the following types of information, which may also include individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may - with reasonable effort - identify an individual (“Personal Information”):
- when you register online or make an inquiry regarding our products and services. We will capture Personal Information about you so we can communicate effectively with you and address your requests regarding our products or services. We will hold information about your name, the company you work for, your Job position, address, phone number, e-mail address, etc. We will use this information to help manage your requests.
- if you visit our website, we will collect Personal Information from your device, such as IP address and other online identifiers (i.e. online data collected from user’s devices and protocols which leave traces which may be used to identify users). We use this to optimise your experience and help us to improve our website and the ways we communicate with you.
- If you attend one of our events: We collect Personal Information if you attend our corporate events. This information may include your photos, identifying data (e.g. email, name, etc.) and any other information which may be collected by us in connection with our events.
- if you apply for a job with us: we will collect Personal Information about you if you contact us about an employment opportunity. We will collect and use personal information to help assess your skills and your suitability to the job. We may also use such data to contact you if we believe a specific job position may interest you. Such information may include your name, email address, CV, telephone number, profile photo, job history and other relevant information.
USE OF THE COLLECTED INFORMATION
- To conduct analytics in order to improve and customize our websites and the ways we communicate with you;
- To present you and your company business opportunities regarding our products and services;
- To send you marketing communications, updates and newsletters and present personalized content (see below under “Marketing”);
- To manage your application for a job positon at Intersec (as applicable);
- To support and troubleshoot our services, to respond to your queries and communicate with you;
- To investigate violations and enforce our policies, and as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or respond to a government request
LEGAL BASIS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only collect, use and share your Personal Information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this. This may be because:
- We need to use your Personal Information to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you. For example, when you provide your information with us in order to apply to a job position.
- We need to use your Personal Information for our legitimate interest as a commercial organization. For example, we may collect your Personal Information in order to communicate with you and present you marketing materials and opportunities regarding our products and services.
- We need to use your Personal Information to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have; or we have your consent to use your Personal Information for a particular activity.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may share your Personal Information in the manner and for the purposes described below:
- With third parties who help our business (e.g. for project implementation, data analytics purposes, communicating promotional and informational materials, etc.). These third parties have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and use any Personal Information we share with them or which they collect on our behalf for the purpose of providing the contracted service to us.
We may also disclose Personal Information, or any information you submitted us, if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
We may use Personal Information to let you know about our products and services that we believe will be of interest to your company. We may contact you by email, post, or telephone or through other communication channels that we think you may find helpful.
To protect your privacy and to ensure you have control over how we manage marketing activities with you:
- You can ask us to stop direct marketing at any time by following the "unsubscribe" link you will find on all the email marketing messages we send you.
- You can change the way your browser manages cookies, which may be used to deliver online advertising, by following the settings on your browser as explained above.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take security very seriously. We have implemented and maintain appropriate technical and organisational security measures, policies and procedures designed to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorised disclosure or access to such information appropriate to the nature of the information concerned. Measures we take include, for example:
- placing confidentiality requirements on our staff members and service providers;
- destroying or permanently anonymising Personal Information if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected;
- applying security controls in the storage and disclosure of your Personal Information to prevent unauthorised access to it.
As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect User IDs and passwords, please take appropriate measures to protect this information. However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Intersec, and Intersec and you, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In specific circumstances we may store your Personal Information for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your Personal Information or dealings.
TRANSFERRING PERSONAL INFORMATION GLOBALLY
We operate on a global basis. Accordingly, your Personal Information may be transferred and stored in countries outside of Europe that are subject to different standards of data protection.
We will take appropriate steps to ensure that transfers of Personal Information are made in accordance with applicable law and carefully managed to protect your privacy rights and interests, and limited to countries which are recognized as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where we can be satisfied that alternative arrangement are in place to protect your privacy rights. To this end:
- we ensure transfers within our Group will adhere to applicable privacy and data protection laws and that such transfers ensure a consistent level of protection wherever it is transferred within the Group;
- where we transfer your Personal Information outside of the Intersec Group to third parties who provide us services, we obtain contractual commitments from them to protect your Personal Information;
- where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully validate these requests before any Personal Information is disclosed.
LEGAL RIGHTS AVAILABLE TO HELP MANAGE YOUR PRIVACY
Subject to certain exemptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, you have the following rights in respect to your Personal Information:
- Right to access your own data;
- Accuracy and right of rectification and erasure; and
- Right to object to processing of Personal Information.
SPECIFIC RIGHTS FOR EU DATA SUBJECTS
Under applicable EU data protection laws and regulations, EU data subjects have the following rights in respect to their Personal Information:
- Right to access
Please note that the exercise of your right will be limited to the extent we believe is required to avoid harming rights or freedoms of others, as well as for other reasons (according to applicable laws).
- Right of rectification and erasure
You have a right to request that we rectify inaccurate Personal Information. We may seek to verify the accuracy of the Personal Information before rectifying it. You can also request that we erase your Personal Information in limited circumstances where: (i) it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; (ii) you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on consent); (iii) following a successful right to object (see right to object); (iv) it has been processed unlawfully. We are not required to comply with your request to erase Personal Information if the processing of your Personal Information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to restrict the processing of your Personal Information
Where we rely upon legitimate interest to process your Personal Information, then you have the right to object that processing if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms. Please note that you also have the right to withdraw consent, in cases where we rely on your consent to collect and process your Personal Information.
- Right to object to the processing of your Personal Information
You can object to any processing of your Personal Information which has our legitimate interests as its legal basis, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms.
- Right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority
You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you have concerns about how we are processing your Personal Information. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority.
If you wish to access any of the above-mentioned rights, we may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, in particular before disclosing Personal Information to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. You can exercise your rights by contacting us.
Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honor your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request. We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
The website is not directed nor targeted to children under the age of 16. Intersec will not knowingly collect information from children. If you are under 16, you may not submit information about yourself to us. In the event that we become aware that a User is under the age of 16 has shared any Personal Information, we will use reasonable efforts to discard such information. If you have any reason to believe that a minor has shared Personal Information with us, please contact us at .
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
The primary point of contact for all issues arising from this privacy notice is .
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this privacy notice, the information we hold about you or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first use this contact.
We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes and make every reasonable effort to honour your wish to exercise your rights as quickly as possible and in any event, within the timescales provided by data protection laws.
Date of Privacy Notice: 5/24/2018