Intersec gets more and more involved in the Smart Cities' area with amazing projects in France such as:
- The DataCity Challenge with RATP Dev's Open Tour tourisitic buses: based on Wi-Fi on board, Bus GPS tracking and ticketing revenue, Intersec recalculates on-board densities, providing RATP Dev with insights on stop usage (hops in/out) and buses frequency.
- The Paris City Place de la Nation (Nation Square) project: thanks to data from Cisco's wi-fi network on the Square, we managed to understand the most commonly-used paths for bikes, pedestrians, cars, buses; the frequentation picks on the Square and the kind of visitors (workers, tourists, residents). All these analysis allowed Paris city to select the best refurbishing project for the Square.
We are now also entering discussions with other cities in France and in Europe on use cases such as fraud in public transportation, crowd analysis and densities based on public wifi access with real-time analytics and triggering, smart parking service to limit pollution and congestion, etc.
Intersec will participate in the Connected Cities Summit in London... stay tuned!
1rst Tactical Urbanism eperience in Paris in partnership with Cisco, the refurbishing project of the"Place de la Nation" mines data to re-invent the City.
In this context, and during 4 weeks, Intersec collected all the data from Cisco's Wi-fi Network covering the "Place de la Nation". Thanks to this data processing, Paris City was able to measure the attendence on the square at various moments of the day;to identify the most popular paths be it by foot, bike or car; to quantify the visit duration from one time period to another, etc.
Given its ability to make sens of massive amounts of data from very different sources, Intersec's technology is unique on the market and is just what Paris City needed to take an informed decision, based on facts for the refurbishing of Place de la Nation (in French).
Jean-Marc Coïc, Intersec CTO is interviewed on the Cisco blog. (in French)
Read the BFM article on the subject. (in French)
Want to hear more? Stop by MCS booth #705 and meet our teams:
- Frederick Gonzales, VP Americas
- Daniel Pardo, Solution Manager
- Mark Pendergast, Sales Director
- Adam Daken, Senior Sales Engineer